Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Acorn Domains Forum - New Platform Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the forum owner can choose to switch off the ads from tapatalk, that is what I am asking, as we were asked for suggestions.
Or, as I suggested, if the forum really makes a lot from tapatalk advertising, have some sort of opt out like a cookie warning, so that those of us who don't use tapatalk and never will, can click something to say yes, we have seen your huge ads, now go away and leave us in peace.

Adam and everyone else, I earn bugger all from tapatalk so you can turn anything you can off regards to ads on it, its purely there to benefit the users who swear by it and have it asked for it to remain.

Last edited:
You don't know what you are talking about.

Adam and everyone else, I earn bugger all from tapatalk so you can turn anything you can off regards to ads on it, its purely there to benefit the users who swear by it and have it asked for it to remain.

In that case you'll need to turn it off in your tapatalk account :)

In that case you'll need to turn it off in your tapatalk account :)

OK, just done that. Hopefully that helps. I also disabled link affiliation but have no idea what that is, is that OK?

Hi admin, it's great to see how you're changing the forum after community feedback ;)

Acorn is obviously in good hands

Is there any way of blocking the constant barrage of tapatalk ads?
Maybe like a cookies acceptance, we can click once to say we have seen the ads and not have to suffer them all the time.

what is tapatalk ?
Never even heard of it

what is tapatalk ?
Never even heard of it

It is a mobile device application enabling the viewing of, and commenting on, of various forums.

In other words, if you don't want to use the browser on your phone to view the forum, you can use this app.

Just an update on the new website development for Acorn. It's well underway, to the extent that we have a design that is working and this week we have done a first test import of the data and it was a success. The more I look the more benefits I see, firstly, it seems very fast moving around the forum. The search is better and has more options. The commenting is better, there is a 'like' feature on posts, there is image upload (direct), it works natively on mobile without an app/plugin or anything. It is also more secure and has better administration for me.

Here's a couple of screen grabs, if anything looks very wrong let me know.

Murray, you said once you don't like change so you can start now getting your head around the new design and colour :).

Cheers - hope you like it.

Looks good, very clean design. Might want to consider if all those categories and sections are required though, seems a lot.

Where was that test imput pulling the user avatars from?

As it weren't from the ones on the current forum. If you need more details, let me know :)

Where was that test imput pulling the user avatars from?

As it weren't from the ones on the current forum. If you need more details, let me know :)

If a user doesnt have an avatar on the current live setup, the forum will attempt to use a gravatar instead.

If a user doesnt have an avatar on the current live setup, the forum will attempt to use a gravatar instead.

Most just use a letter now to indicate the first letter of the username when no avatar is selected; I prefer that method.

I'd also prevent all signatures, it skews the reasons why some members post and reduces quality of input.

Looks good doesn't appear to stretch across the whole screen either which is a bonus

Most just use a letter now to indicate the first letter of the username when no avatar is selected; I prefer that method.

I'd also prevent all signatures, it skews the reasons why some members post and reduces quality of input.

Gravatar is just the default functionality, We "could" add the functionality for dynamic Letter avatars, ill speak to Admin about the possibility.

Signatures.......down to admin but there is a global option to hide Sig's from guests completely or they can be enabled per usergroup with user group promotions based on certain criteria.

Ahh, right ok :) Thanks

Looks good BTW :)

The message text is missing from the pm email alerts now. Could that be added back in?

The message text is missing from the pm email alerts now. Could that be added back in?
No sorry that's deliberate. ..stops me getting people's mistaken replies to notifications and stops attempted pm replies going missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom