20i Reseller Hosting

Closed thread?

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by dropsnatcher, Jan 18, 2020.

1. dropsnatcher United Kingdom

dropsnatcher Member

Admin has closed the domainlore why, cos he is mates with Rob? Or because he hates Denys?

Reason:

"I've let this run but think it has now run it's course"

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

articles.co.uk

3. boxerdog

boxerdog Well-Known Member

a shame, some very useful information was coming out that we should all be aware of.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Ben Thomas

Ben Thomas Well-Known Member Full Member

Well done @bluerock on debt.uk. I had it back ordered with Rob. So it seems you beat him to it. Others had also back ordered it as there was a £1000+ bid on it already

• Like Like x 1
  5. Siusaidh United Kingdom

Siusaidh Active Member

To be fair, I think admin may have been concerned about the risk of the platform hosting comments which were open to legal dispute, so it may have been a protective/defensive step, including not reading every single comment. Further steps can be taken by individuals beyond the platform here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. super-whois United Kingdom

super-whois Active Member

@Admin how about reinstating domainlore?

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. LCHappy United Kingdom

LCHappy Member

This is why people now post on blogs and not on forums, they see their posts deleted and threads vapourised. Hence why members are now gone.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. Murray

Murray Well-Known Member

Maybe a new thread just discussing who caught what of the 123 .uk dump? presumably it would be to congratulate each other on some nice catches but if some unusual catch activity was noted that might be mentioned too

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Ben Thomas

Bet

VALRON EOOD [Tag = VALRON]
    Safari Ventures Ltd [Tag = SAFVENTURES]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
  10. Trauiner United Kingdom

Trauiner Active Member

You shouldn't select certain sections of someones message to align with what you're trying to say.

You're leaving out the fact that he said it was because some of the conversation was speculation and not based on anything other than speculation.

People were starting to call people out based on assumptions and speculations that something 'wrong' or 'breaking the rules' was going on, without knowing if anything wrong or if any rules were being broken.

Did feel like people had jumped to a conclusion that rules were being broken and were trying every way to make pieces fit to get to that outcome and making assumptions to fit the narrative.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. LCHappy United Kingdom

LCHappy Member

Assumptions to fit the narrative? :rolleyes:

Assumption - bidders were bidding on their own auctions. If the thread was closed at that point, it would have been an "assumption". Yet it continued and admissions came that it was true.

Starting to stink this place, stinking of people trying to cover things up and failing. I'm out of here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Ben Thomas

I don't agree that the thread should have been closed, to be honest. Someone just went and opened another one lol.

13. PoshTiger United Kingdom

PoshTiger Well-Known Member

Ben Hay..

WTF - how the hell has he caught so many? He must know the order or has multiple tags too!! @_@

14. Gill United Kingdom

Gill Active Member

The kid can code ;)

15. PoshTiger United Kingdom

Nah, it doesn't make sense.. He'll the subject of a blog post.

There are some people that know what's actually possible and those that don't and assume someone is a more talented coder when they have that kind of success.

It's not possible to do what he did with one tag & EPP allowance..

The drops are random - he'd have to be checking all the domains at each poll, which would mean he checks each domain every 5/6 seconds.

I call bullshit!

16. PoshTiger United Kingdom

To put it in perspective - I caught WC.co.uk a few weeks back, I have a very competitive program and so far I've caught two LLL domains over the past three days...

17. Murray

Murray Well-Known Member

18. WalkinDude United Kingdom

WalkinDude Active Member

You basically had two - in a UK domaining since - big businesses who lets just say quite a lot of people have done rather well for themselves through having their reputations dissected by parties whose views were becoming so biased as to make the whole effort a farce.

Time for the owners to move 'upstairs' and stop mixing it up with their own customers who given free reign I personally could supply about 117 things I'd like to see changed. But it's slowly happening in any case. Rome wasn't built in a day.

I'm not Facebook or Googles biggest fan but at least they get the benefit that I don't get to a never-ending line of internal gossip and speculation cos they simply don't offer the access.

Any domainer using online domaining services over the years knows the house controls the odds. The totality of what has been said has been true for the 20 years i've been interested in domaining. If anything it's getting better not worse.

Domainers are right to apply pressure to improve their own odds but a free for all in the forum? Well I'm always worried about newbies getting the wrong idea. The industry survives on fresh blood after all like any other.

19. Ben Thomas

Clearly, something is going on. Either from the inside of Nominet, or someone very close to it. If each tag is "individual" ie. on a new account then someone must have paid a couple of grand to get membership and DAC for these tags, while somehow using software like Hosted Chasing, where they run all of the tags but make it appear like it's individuals on each tag. Then, moving them all over to a parkingcrew account or something

20. Gill United Kingdom

Gill Active Member

Everyone who finds an edge is called out for cheating on here but I've had conversations with the lad, he's smart and he's whooping my arse as well but I say he's straight. Although, I am by nature too trusting and you and I both know there's some devious underhanded sorts on this forum, maybe it's our mate and his bunch of merry men that are behind the tag ;)

21. Ben Thomas

Safari Ventures caught raccoon.uk, I don't know if this is a well-played joke or not.