20i Reseller Hosting

Closed thread?

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by dropsnatcher, Jan 18, 2020.

1. stitchbob

stitchbob Active Member

I would have been considered a new tag on the RoR, and participation in RoR was a good part of the reason I became a registrar. I'm not sure that joining ahead of a potential gold rush is necessarily an indicator of suspicious behaviour in itself.

I agree that a large number of new members who are geographically close and have similar catch behaviour would be more suspect though.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

articles.co.uk

3. Ben Thomas

Ben Thomas Well-Known Member Full Member

Indeed, the same for me. RoR was my queue to become a member after using resellers like 1AND1 for and ResellerClub for years. It was a decision I stand by irrespective pf how ridiculously messy the goings-on are "on the other side of the wall" as it were.

In a slightly off-topic digression, @Whois-Search I have an account with SerpStat, I got a great deal on it years ago. Some sort of lifetime membership thing. I use it occasionally it's pretty good. What a shame to see such a bellend behind it, I had no idea.

4. Whois-Search United Kingdom

Whois-Search Well-Known Member

Apart from the fact Tool.domains seems to have signed up additional members AFTER the ROR signup deadline closed (while taking part in it):

https://3million.uk/release-process/

I don’t have an issue with Tool.domains becoming new members of the company...

In fact if they want to spend £500 per member of staff let them. Even I pay for two memberships myself “Netistrar Ltd” and “Andrew Bennett”. However as you can see on the last voting rights my memberships are linked (one didn’t have voting rights):

https://media.nominet.uk/wp-content.../Nominet-Voting-Rights-2019-NED-elections.pdf

What the actual issue here is:

1. Tool.domains has not gone in to the control panel and declared the link between the tags under compliance.

Kalin need’s to go Tag settings > Complaince Details > 5. CONNECTIONS WITH OTHER REGISTRARS
    During its annual compliance audit Nominet has accepted this question as blank ? Despite other members reporting those links (now clear as day) Nominet hasn’t done anything about it.

2. As they remain full members (not linked) that means they can apply for the DAC per membership.

Now I don’t know if Tool.domains has 17 DACs at the moment however at the rate they are catching .uk names on different tags they certainly have more than one DAC ?
    If it is the case they are running more than one DAC then they are in beach of the DAC AUP clause: Anti-avoidance and Connected Persons - under this section:
    Apparently Kalin is claiming that he buys these names off the individual members (they operate independently) ?

However it is quiet clear from the parking ID at Parking Crew and his interviews online that there is only one person (him) funding this operation and collecting the money.
    See interview transcript at the bottom:
    https://sirlinksalot.co/kalin-karakehayov-seo-podcast-domain-extraordinaire/

3. If they are doing number (2) then they are also in breach of the voting rights clause:
    https://nominet-prod.s3.amazonaws.c.../2015/08/58367_votingrightspolicy17052012.pdf

Those members should have their voting rights linked at the next AGM for ‘acting in concert’.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
  5. Gill United Kingdom

Gill Active Member

Have you dealt with him? He's a very personable fella and a good customer of mine, I've certainly never considered him a "bellend"? Also what's illegal about all these tags, I have plenty of mates who want a membership because of the stories I have about turning £3.75 into £000's. Why can't Kalin's staff staff become Nominet members to earn some money because they see an opportunity?

Drop catching is a cesspit, there were people on the original thread having a go at Rob who are bang at it themselves, organising their mates tags into shifts in order to make use of their new method. Rob's biggest mistake was getting greedy but as far as tactics are concerned, he's only doing what has to be done in order to compete these days.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2020
  6. Ben Thomas

To be honest Gill no, but as far as I'm concerned there's being competitive and then there's being greedy. Kalin has been linked to over 20 tags now. I've caught some good names this month and have 1 tag, 1 DAC connection. So to say you can't be competitive when drop catching within the rules (no cache, no multiple DAC) is wrong. I think perhaps if I had just 1 more tag I'd be much more competitive, but I'm not about to become part of the problem and frankly, they shouldn't be doing it because there are rules to the game and they're not playing by them. It also sounds like you're advocating this, so perhaps you're doing it too.

7. Whois-Search United Kingdom

Whois-Search Well-Known Member

Rob is doing something slightly different to Kalin (he is not signing up his staff).

Nominet Members themselves have signed up to http://hostedchasing.com Or Rob’s hosted DAC service.

Now as I understand it even Denys had permission of Nominet to run: http://domaincatch.co.uk

However there is a very fine line between:

1. Selling a subscription to a dropcatching script (allowed)

And

2. Using the DACs together and sharing the quota (not allowed)

Also at the same time new members are starting to appear on the register who have connections to Rob.

Tag = [MARKETSEARCH] was recently registered to Richard Slater In Malta:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/richard-slater-4b876330

Richard was Business manager for Malta.com in 2006 when Rob owned it:

https://cms.timesofmalta.com/articles/view/malta-com-for-sale-again.331315.amp

Now is working with someone in the past + Hosted DAC hosting allowed under the DAC AUP ? Can you ask someone (a friend) to sign up to your dropcatching service ? In my opinion it is allowed under the current clause if you don’t share the quota.

However Rob is starting to really push the limits of the AUP...When you then consider:

1. The names are moved to MELITAWEB
    2. The names all have UKbackorder nameservers
    3. The names all appear under caught on UKBackorder (auction)
    4. Rob takes payment from the buyer, takes his cut
    5. The tag holder (member) gets their cut

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
  8. Gill United Kingdom

Gill Active Member

The system is broken beyond repair because Nominet can't prove that Kalin or Stephen are cheating with their staff.

9. webber United Kingdom

webber Active Member

That is nonsense!
    If you can't prove someone is guilty, them maybe they aren't.
    Opinions and forum debates don't really matter.
    Collate the facts, build a case. The famous "innocent until proven guilty" comes to mind.

10. Gill United Kingdom

Gill Active Member

That's what I said?

11. super-whois United Kingdom

super-whois Active Member

Did you comply with the deadlines that were in place? The suspicious behaviour is that of Nominet, allowing new members that joined after the 3rd May deadline to participate.

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. Ben Thomas

https://blog.domainlore.uk/assets/pdfs/Bulgaria_cheaters.pdf

13. Ben Thomas

New one I've not seen yet

Louise CURRIE [Tag = LCURRIE]

Caught biooil.co.uk tonight.

14. Hay

Hay Active Member Exclusive Member

Any ideas if this tag is brand new or if its been around a while, i highly suspect it is a brand new tag and also the DAN.com account is brand new and created on "2020-01-15"

Registrant:
    Olatunde Omisore

Registrant type:
    UK Individual

Data validation:
    Nominet was able to match the registrant's name and address against a 3rd party data source on 13-Jan-2020

Registrar:
    Olatunde Omisore [Tag = TUNDE]
    URL: https://dan.com/domain-seller/tunde

I hope people dont feel they now need to cheat to compete with rob, if thats the case then this industry is f**ked.

Cheers.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
  15. Siusaidh United Kingdom

Siusaidh Active Member

If he's selling on DAN then I'm confused why you think he could be connected to a Domainlore collusion, Ben?

Also: Glenfinnan.org.uk? Seriously?

16. super-whois United Kingdom

Is that a serious question on this forum? There's plenty of history and traffic.

17. Hay

@Siusaidh - There is a few things what makes me think that and it was created during the dates rob was being discussed and i know people have said something along the lines of "If nominet dont do anything then remove the rules" i could be wrong and i hope him or anyone does not go down that route - i just hope people dont think the only way to compete with people like Rob is by cheating because if it gets to that point then there is no return and it will ruin the industry for good, creating endless accounts to compete is ridiculous.

I just hope people dont stoop that low because if that happens then im out and my code can be made public for everyone to use which will hopefully kill any cheaters chance, ive been beating cheaters on my own so i know for a fact its possible and when i beat the cheaters it makes it more rewarding... Using the "Cant beat them join them" moto is as low as it goes, those that think they need to cheat to give them an edge are not very good at coding or networking.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
  18. LCHappy United Kingdom

LCHappy Member

I think the opposite, the more fake tags there are out there the quicker they have to act. Why are they burying their heads in the sands and hoping this will go away?

19. super-whois United Kingdom

And they claim they are experts in Cyber Security... they can't get their own house in order!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Siusaidh United Kingdom

Siusaidh Active Member

Didn't check, my fail. It's just that I have long-time connection with Glenfinnan as its my home territory, and I couldn't believe that the .org.uk of a tiny hamlet of a few dozen people was on the list. I guess it's the hundreds of tourists, many from Europe and China, who search to find out about the 'Harry Potter' viaduct.

21. Hay

Appears to be another brand new tag created by Dmitriy Ivanov on 20th January 2020 - I cant find any domains linked to this tag what so ever except what they just caught.

here.uk

Data validation:
    Nominet was not able to match the registrant's name and/or address against a 3rd party source on 20-Jan-2020

Registrar:
    Dmitriy Ivanov [Tag = AKRECOM]

• Like Like x 1