Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Does anybody get many inbound enquiries these days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Back in the good old days, used to get pretty much 1 or 2 inbound enquiries every day. Over the last 6 weeks (with admittedly a portfolio with average domains) I can only recall a couple. Is it the same across all types of domain or do those with top portfolios still get a decent volume of interest?

Have you tried doing a tag change on all of your domains?

Lots of people sign up for alerts and when a change is made they get informed, possibly visit the domain and make an offer.

I've noticed offers from Sedo when I've bought domains or renewed them. So there must be something in it. I bet people with big portfolios get loads after renewal.

I know people who actively add and remove a bin price (varying amounts) because it fires a change email to watchers and previous interested parties. If your bin's are reasonable this tactic I'm assured does work, and on a bin you pay less commission (so I'm told). I don't really use Sedo, closed my pro account, and now just have a standard one which mostly gathers dust, so I can't give a first hand opinion.

In the last 30 days, I would estimate a total of 2 dozen, of those around 20% were crazy low balls (£100 for bomb.co.uk/.uk for example), about 25% were via phone, 45% via email. The remaining 15% was social media.

The phone calls and social media have only occurred since I added those details to my website. It is a decided increase in enquires from adding these details.

The low balls have ALL come from landing pages, so potentially bots.

I haven't asked people how they came to find me, but most of those which materialised into a sale have implied, it was from the whois details with my URL by my tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom