20i Reseller Hosting

Domainlore charging 5%

Discussion in 'General Board' started by LCHappy, Aug 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LCHappy United Kingdom

LCHappy Active Member

Didn't realise I said they should do it for £2.50. If you are happy to pay, then keep using it, I'm not, so I'm looking for something else.I'm not sure this is a controversial issue.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

articles.co.uk

3. Murray

Murray Well-Known Member

Can't really begrudge a 5% fee, but when you're used to free we will obviously try our best too; It would be nice to get an email sent out about updates like this though

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. RobM

RobM Retired Member

And people wonder why there are no other platforms :p

5. Ben Thomas

Ben Thomas Well-Known Member Full Member

That's what pissed me off the most, they sneakily added it into their terms without announcing it anywhere on the front page etc. mid way through RoR. Bit of a joke really. But whatever, we're all here for one thing.

6. pugyrob United Kingdom

pugyrob Well-Known Member

Domainlore a business. Pretty smart model and he has been patient not monetising it much more before now and playing on dreamers when he does.

Its no different a model to many businesses. Build up the traffic then monetise it.

7. dougs United Kingdom

dougs Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

And everyone uses a system for free that they could not be bothered to create...........wow do people moan lots

8. LCHappy United Kingdom

LCHappy Active Member

Didn't realise it was compulsory to use it when prices rose.

9. Trauiner United Kingdom

Trauiner Active Member

I don't mind it personally. However, I do mind companies adding this sort of thing when they don't tell anyone and just stick it in their terms without updating people.

That's dishonest.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Ben Thomas

Exactly. I'm a fan of transparency

11. dougs United Kingdom

dougs Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

I will agree on that....Seems odd thing that has been done.....maybe a mistake???

12. Ben Thomas

It wasn't a mistake dougs, it was painfully obvious what happened. Domains started selling for thousands of pounds on an hourly basis and DomainLore were making none of it. They obviously saw an opportunity and took it, without notifying anybody. In fact at least one of my domain sales was subject to this fee mid auction, which I'd contest but Denys is so slow at anything I wouldn't get a response until next Julember. Guy needs more staff.

13. DJ Wood United Kingdom

DJ Wood Active Member

My account is now locked because I am refusing to pay a 10% fee Denys is trying to charge me for a spotlight auction when the terms and even the pop up before submitting the auction advised I would be charged 5%.

I tried to open dialogue and sent him screenshots advising I was expecting to pay 5% and was happy to do so but he has not responded just simply locked my account.

It will be his loss in the long run as I had already bought and sold a number of domains on there in the very short time I had been registered.

Now using UKBackorder and I imagine many more like me will follow.

14. Ben Thomas

Are you sure it's 10%? My account was locked also, as I wasn't made aware of the outstanding invoices. I emailed him and he unlocked the account so I could pay them.

15. DJ Wood United Kingdom

DJ Wood Active Member

Yes, definitely 10% I emailed straight away and offered to pay the 5% I was expecting to pay and explained the situation. Denys replied just asking me to confirm my name. I then got a reminder to pay the invoice so emailed him again but got no response. I then emailed him once more just before the account was locked but again nothing.

16. Ben Thomas

To be honest, he is probably just busy. He will get round to replying, just give it some time. If it is 10%, he will likely remedy it. But I'm more inclined to think that it's 5% for 2 domain sales.

17. DJ Wood United Kingdom

DJ Wood Active Member

I believe it was because it had pre-bids. However, it was never made clear and I never would have used the site had it been.

18. LCHappy United Kingdom

LCHappy Active Member

The overall quality of the names on there over the last month is poor, odd exception but few top top names anymore. I visited the ukbackorder and you can see that, and this forum has improved in volume and quality.

19. Ben Thomas

20. DJ Wood United Kingdom

DJ Wood Active Member

The last email was 2 weeks ago so I don't think he has any intention of replying to my emails. I can't be the only one complaining.

21. Ben Thomas

I admit he has been sketchy about things. Adding charges last minute, updating the terms willy-nilly. I think the money went to his head a bit. Hopefully he will find some integrity and get back to and resolve the situation either way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.