Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Hate Boris Johnson? Help Build a Political Print-on-Demand Store

dog

Reaction score
I own the domain - NotMyPrimeMinister.com - and need to create a Print-on-Demand store on Shopify using Printful or another similar service.

The idea is to keep the store simple and offer basic products such as T-Shirts, Bags, Mugs, Pins etc. I only want to offer a few products, probably around 10 or so. This way people can make a quick buying decisions.

I configured the Printful and Shopify connection. However, I definitely need someone to help design and build a better looking Shopify store.

In addition to figuring out the best way to drive traffic and get those sales flowing in.

My day job is marketing and SEO but I don't have e-commerce experience. I thought the best thing to do in this situation is to hire help as I need to get the store up asap.

Specifics on what I need help with are;
  • Designing and building a better and cleaner looking Shopify store.
  • Generally configuring the Shopify store to make sure it works.
  • Figuring the best way to display, sort, and organize products on NotMyPrimeMinister.com.
  • Figuring out if Printful or another service would be more ideal. (I would like to sell pins but Printful doesn't offer this service.)
  • How to handle VAT tax as I am in the US.

I am willing to pay for time but obviously this needs to be quick, simple and easy. I want to focus on selling T-Shirts, adding some designs later, and Mugs. The design should reflect that.

From what I've seen T-Shirts and Mugs tends to be hot sellers for these Print-on-Demand political stores. I'd be fine to hear suggestions of other merchandise.

In the US it is a 3-day weekend. By Monday I would like to have this up and running. Hopefully some sales will flow in too.

If you hate what is happening in the UK government right now, why not have fun helping make a statement with "Not My Prime Minister"? :)

To make sure you have read this entire job description use the term "purple elephant" first in your reply.

You can shoot me an email - [email protected].

Thanks

Note - Posted this on UpWork to find someone. I wasn't going to post this here but a member recommended that I do. Would be happy to hire someone from AcornDomains. :)

Last edited:
Likely will have to find different people. Such as a designer for better shirt designs.

Right now my focus is just on getting a better design up without mucking about and learning Shopify. By that time the trend will be done.

Just to clarify, is there multiple roles?

Finding one person to design and develop a Shopify site, add terms and conditions that meet legal requirements, understand and advise on the intricacies of VAT for non UK companies, write product descriptions then optimise the site for conversions, AND have it all done by Monday is....... optimistic.

But best of luck all the same.

What time did you post this, I'm surprised it has not already been removed.

Good to know.

Have to say I like Boris Johnson, had a black tie dinner with him in 2005, he was absolutely sloshed and was hilarious! :D

Unless I sell the domain I can certainly sell those T-Shirts when the time comes. :)

Love a bit of Boris. Best PM for many many years.

I will buy some stuff from your store when in my opinion it becomes relevant, say if Corbyn becomes PM :)

TBH I don't know much about Boris Johnson.

I like him a lot. Several offers on the domain and if I do setup this store I'm sure I'll sell lots of shirts. :)

Just a fake, politically motivated post to bash Boris.. did Edwin tell you to post it.. he'll buy one for sure.

It's a word I don't like to use and I think any hate post should be removed.
After joe cox I think everyone should act responsibly towards political figures.

• Agree
Reactions: JMI
TBH I don't know much about Boris Johnson.

I like him a lot. Several offers on the domain and if I do setup this store I'm sure I'll sell lots of shirts. :)
This post promotes hate , are you serious.

It seems like Britain is on the verge of a collective nervous breakdown.

Maybe just best to buy a sweatshirt that says: Keep calm and carry on.

And pour another cup of tea.

I'm in business, not politics.

If I can make a business out of politics, that is fine by me.

It's a word I don't like to use and I think any hate post should be removed.
After joe cox I think everyone should act responsibly towards political figures.

I agree. I normally loath any sort of pandering and am all for free speech, but I think using hate is unnecessary, for what is essentially a fake post.

Nothing like a good bit of politics to divide a whole nation. What was that age old idiom? Oh yes, "Divide and Conquer".

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom