20i Reseller Hosting

Health Check

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by dee, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Murray

Murray Well-Known Member

Everything I read about it says oral sprays are just as good if not much better if the person taking it doesn't have the best stomach

Also the NHS might prescribe you d2 pills instead of d3; apparently d3 is much better because it's exactly what your skin would make via sunlight, d2 is a plant product and leaves your system quicker, your body doesn't store it the same as d3.

Did he say you should stop using the spray for an amount of time before the blood test or no?

I did some research on it after doing my blood test to see if I should have left it longer than 36 hours, but 24 hours is apparently enough time to see what your baseline in (not 100% on this though as I couldn't only find one source)

https://www.livestrong.com/article/465017-does-the-body-store-vitamin-d/

Another interesting thing I learned was that the blood test doesn't look for the vitamin D3 from the supplement, it looks for what your liver turned into the active form

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

articles.co.uk

3. newguy United Kingdom

newguy Well-Known Member

I've done a Medichecks test before. It was pretty comprehensive and revealing really. For the price I'm thinking of doing one each year just to keep an eye on things.

4. m4c United Kingdom

m4c Active Member

Agree with Murray - I've been using that spray during the winter for a couple of years - and then after my Thriva test showed I was short of B12, take that as well first thing in the morning :)

5. m4c United Kingdom

m4c Active Member

6 months off from hitting 50 years, I suddenly appreciated my own mortality and stepped up efforts to pay attention to my health - after growing up on a farm until age 25, and then 10 years of martial arts, I'd always kept 'fit' - but last 10-15 years, let it go in the pursuit of business - and always saw going to the gym / working out as a 'luxury' or only if you wanted to compete at something - now I know it's as essential to good health as quality food / vitamins / sleep - without regular exercise, and pushing / pulling weights - we all loose muscle mass as we age, and reduce our potential life span.

Definitely recommend visiting this site and taking your own QRisk test, to know your likely life expectancy: https://qrisk.org/three/

• Like Like x 1
  6. m4c United Kingdom

m4c Active Member

Last thing to suggest - get your Heart Rate Variance tested to see how your body is coping with stress / sleep / recovery - I found an 'almost magical' app that uses the light and camera on your smart phone to watch your pulse and heart beat - go to https://welltory.com/ / download the app - first 5 days of tests are free - it gives a whole word of information that traditionally was only available to scientists :)

7. Adam H

Adam H Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

Quick update on this, had my appointment a few weeks ago. Doc didnt seem bothered at all but said he'd do a full range of bloods anyway to make sure there were no other problems as the Thriva results didnt have all the results he would have liked to have seen.

This was 2 weeks ago and I never heard anything back, so phoned today to chase them up assuming that not hearing anything meant everything was fine. ( Which it was ). While I was on the phone i asked what my Vit D levels results were ( just so i could see if the spray was doing anything ).

So my original thriva test was 30 nmol/L , after taking the spray for I guess a few weeks prior to seeing the doc, 3 sprays a day ( so massively overdoing the recommended allowance, 2 in the morning , one mid afternoon ). My results given today are well in the "normal ranges" at 101 nmol/L

Thriva indicate normal ( green line ) is between 50 - 100. So I will probably reduce down to 1 spray a day now, then in a few months do another thriva test to see how things have settled.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Murray

Murray Well-Known Member

@Adam H 100 nmol/l seems to be widely considered around the lower end of optimal so that's very positive

How long before the test did you stop taking the spray?

Have you kept the original energy boost that you got when you first started taking it?

I've started taking vitamin K2 along with D and magnesium, they apparently work well together because they play a role with calcium and the K2 helps you put it in your bones instead of potentially getting clogged in arteries and organs

9. Adam H

Adam H Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

I stopped taking it a few days before the test.

Yes I still see a much reduced frustration and brain fog daily and the energy is much better, although I still think i have some kind of intolerance or allergy to a food of some kind as some days I still feel like Im battling through it a bit. But we eat very well with a well mixed diet so finding that one or two things which is causing the problem is proving difficult, at the moment I'm rounding it to Sugar ,Chocolate, caffeine , Wheat, Yeast ( which I knew about before ). Obviously Sugar fuels yeast so Sugar is probably going to have to fall victim to a reduction to test.

10. keys United Kingdom

keys Well-Known Member Full Member

If you have the interest to read or listen, Dr Sarah Myhill has some assertive views on this.

• Like Like x 1
  11. dragon

dragon Well-Known Member Acorn Supporter

Medichecks is the way to go guys, best way to test for almost everything, especially testosterone levels from mid 30's as they can drop, which is linked to loads of things such as depression, etc. Highly recommended.

• Like Like x 1