Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

I've moved to Asia for 3 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I've moved to South East Asia for 3 months and i'm going to be blogging about life over here

May be of interest to some of you.

First two blog posts are below (note the site has lots of other travel posts but these two and future will be focused on me in Asia)

Why I'm going to live in Asia for 3 months

I had a 1 hour foot/leg massage for £2.30, read a breakdown cost of living here

New Post - Typical working day in Chiang Mai

If anyone wants me to cover anything specific let me know and I may blog about it

Last edited:
Looks like there's a lot of fun ahead for you... enjoy!

Fantastic, could not agree more. I can’t wait until my children ( 2nd on the way) grow up a bit so we all can go on trip.

Only thing for me, after staying in that part of the world for some I start to crave european food. Not the best examples of Italian style picas and red wine which could be described as barely drinkable here is Europe - goes like very special treat while I am there.

Spent some time in Chiang Mai last year your right Beautiful City hope to get back to Asia myself some time soon.

yeah I have been to Thailand,manilla,borneo so many great places to visit for you. The people are so friendly. Most people do not have much but they are happy with the little they have.

enjoy your trip

I wouldn't mind doing something like that, you could bank a fortune in no time. I think the language barrier would get on my nerves though.

Great stuff Max - join the club ;)

Where are you based?

I wouldn't mind doing something like that, you could bank a fortune in no time. I think the language barrier would get on my nerves though.

Never found the language barrier an issue here :)

Most people do not have much but they are happy with the little they have.

Totally agree, so friendly and people are very happy

I start to crave european food.

Yep I went to 8 countries around here a few years ago and after month 4 i was eating a lot of european food but also thai, find you can get a decent mix over here if you find the right place

I'll be blogging about working out here soon, i.e shared office i'm working from, a typical day etc

I'm in Chonburi. Be careful about renting formal office space Max. You're not supposed to do work of any description in Thailand unless you have a work permit. You could end up paying a lot of 'tea money'. Best of luck!

I'm just a tourist, just catching up on a few work emails ;)

Last edited:
Great post Max itching to get traveling again now. You said the office has a lot of travellers in there. Do they not get any bother from the Law I'd heard Thailand can be strict about work permits etc.

Great post Max itching to get traveling again now. You said the office has a lot of travellers in there. Do they not get any bother from the Law I'd heard Thailand can be strict about work permits etc.

Not heard about any and one guys been living/working in Thailand for 3 years, the other 7.

You do need a working visa if you are working in Thailand, they can be hard to get, but then you also need a license to drive a moped but no one ever checks. Have heard stories of diving instructors getting into bother though for working on tourist visas.

Good job i'm just holidaying here whilst using cafes/nipping into wifi areas to check emails from home :lol:

Good to see the connection speeds have improved since I was there. I couldn't do any work for 3 weeks... It was fantastic :D

Good job i'm just holidaying here whilst using cafes/nipping into wifi areas to check emails from home :lol:

Yep, and it's great that you're not documenting your working life on a public blog too, or anything like that :)

(NOTE: I really enjoyed reading your story and the earlier pieces you posted, but it is technically "evidence" of an intent to work)

Yep, and it's great that you're not documenting your working life on a public blog too, or anything like that :)

(NOTE: I really enjoyed reading your story and the earlier pieces you posted, but it is technically "evidence" of an intent to work)

ye i did think about this, but the whole post is just an example routine someone may do if they are out there, i just walked the route, took some photos and then went back to enjoying my holiday, i've actually no idea what working in a routine like that is like, apart from the lunch, pool, relaxing bit

If you want to call yourself an internet entrepreneur and style your blog around that... would it not be worth actually blogging about stuff you're working on also?

Personally I'd find that more interesting than what you ate for lunch. You're going to quickly run out of material to blog about if you pretty much follow the same daily routine and don't write about work related stuff surely? Plus its a chance to link to / promote whatever you're working on...

If you want to call yourself an internet entrepreneur and style your blog around that... would it not be worth actually blogging about stuff you're working on also?

Personally I'd find that more interesting than what you ate for lunch. You're going to quickly run out of material to blog about if you pretty much follow the same daily routine and don't write about work related stuff surely? Plus its a chance to link to / promote whatever you're working on...

I guess you missed this from the blog post linked to in the first post on this thread...

Why am I blogging, well for a variety of reason including so it’s a place I can put stories and info to recall, so family and friends can keep up with what I’m up to and to help others who may want to go work abroad.

In other words, I don't think the aim is to build a popular business blog :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom