20i Reseller Hosting

New office chair... to end all office chairs

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by Admin, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Anyone in the market for a good chair.. check this one out. I've just assembled this, very impressed with every aspect, quality throughout. 20171002_214049 (Medium).jpg 20171002_214106 (Medium).jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

articles.co.uk

3. seemly

seemly Well-Known Member

Ergonomics and posture support look pretty poor for long periods?

4. Admin

Pass..its new but apparently they are good..there is adjustable lumbar support which feels good

5. Admin

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Adam H

Adam H Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

Looks the part in black, other colour variations look horrible though. Loses any class and turns into a an expensive boy racers wet dream lol.

7. Lovekraft United Kingdom

Lovekraft Well-Known Member Full Member

Nice looking chair, but I'm no longer a fan of standard computer chairs with back support.

After suffering back pain from sitting in computer chairs, I tried a variety of some very expensive ergonomic chairs which ended up only making my back worse. Some studies show that lumber support only adds extra pressure to your spine. Kneeling chairs just ended up ruining my knees. Eventually someone I share an office with recommended the wave stool so I decided to give it a go. I've been using it for over a year now and I now have zero back pain and it's completely straightened it up:

http://www.posture-chair.co.uk/causes-of-back-pain/

It took a few weeks to get used to, especially with no back support but now I won't use anything else again for prolonged computer use, ever.

They are hand made to order so I had to wait a few months before I received mine.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Admin

The outgoing chair was an 'ergohuman' which cost best part of €500. So far, I prefer this new one, although this one is going to be 'hot', the ergohuman was mesh and lovely and cool. Yes @Adam H they are styled and named for their intended audience thats for sure. Always a kid.

9. timter51

timter51 Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

This Titan chair keeps popping up on my Facebook feed, does look good and seems to be getting good reviews, just too big for what I need as my "office" is in the corner of our front room :D I've got a Kinnarps 9000 now which is falling apart... do like the idea of that wave stool as I could tuck it under the desk easily. Hmmmm.

10. Admin

It has a 'littler' brother.. the omega. The titan is for larger units, im 6'3" and 100kg so it depends on your mass!

11. Lovekraft United Kingdom

That is definitely another benefit of the wave stool, it tucks nicely under my desk. It was a bit of a punt for me ordering this after trying so many other types of chairs but it was finally the one to stick with, one of the best investments i've ever made as daily back pain i used to suffer before was never fun.

12. bens United Kingdom

bens Active Member

13. Lovekraft United Kingdom

Yes, I use a sit stand style desk:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BBFXBF4/?tag=acorn06-21

Most people in my office use them. At the end of the day sitting stationary all day is terrible for you, standing all day isn't great either so it makes sense to combine both, sit an hour then stand an hour is what I normally do. Or that's what I am for, some days I will forget to stand!

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  14. findtim Australia

findtim Member

i'm thinking of moving to standing !

a friend of mine has done it , its now 6 weeks and i spoke to him about it, he says he's VERY happy.

note: he has a FULL DESK that can go to any height he wants, from normal desk to standing and everywhere in between, its a $ 3K USD desk

he said it solved his neck issues with mouse movements.
    tim

15. BeachLife United Kingdom

BeachLife Active Member

I've used a full size sit/stand desk for the last 10 years to help with repeated back problems, but would get lazy and often not stand at all.

After the last office move I did away with the chair altogether (a Herman Miller Mirra), so standing all the time. That was 4 months ago - so far do good!

16. Oceanic

Oceanic Active Member

I use an electric adjustable standing desk too, mine is from Ikea and I've had it for two years and love it.

17. bens United Kingdom

bens Active Member

They definitely take some getting used to but i'm happy with them so far.

18. Adam H

So a year on, how's everyones chairs holding up ? @Admin whats your Secretlabs one like now ? Looking at the titan for my new chair but would be good to know how its feeling a year on.

19. Lovekraft United Kingdom

Still sitting comfortably on my wave stool.

Unfortunately they don't make it anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Adam H

I brought a standard £150ish office chair just before this thread came up last year, a year on the seat padding is practically non-existent and feels at times like im sitting on a plate of metal, seams are coming away in parts and it squeaks like a good'en on nearly every movement :D , bit like this one looks wise but not this actual one :

083331.jpg

So time to spend a bit more on something that gets used every day I think lol, pretty poor considering im only about 11 and half stone but I guess my back side is planted in it for 12 hours a day most of the time lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  21. bens United Kingdom

bens Active Member