Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Nominet Zone File Released in May

I'm on the Board. I'm here telling you it's a different company. We have a different structure and some different people working for the company. We have zone file release. Did you examine the recent promotions? I'm not what you expect to see. Ever wondered if you need to change as well? :)

"I'm on the Board. I'm here telling you it's a different company...blah, blah, blah" Are you for real?

Nominet doesn't appear to be doing much different than it ever has. If you want real change, then have Government strip it of it's 'not for profit' status, and thrust it up against a competitive commercial wall, so instead of looking out of their windows at that little fountain in that private & expensive science park they are sat in, they can focus on giving everyone a truly competitive service in the real commercial world where most other companies have to earn their crust! And no one wants to hear any crap these days about it's critical infrastructure type status at the heart of the UK internet, that type of talk is so pre-2008! Without a commercial competitor, Nominet will never, ever change!

"I'm on the Board. I'm here telling you it's a different company...blah, blah, blah" Are you for real?

Nominet doesn't appear to be doing much different than it ever has. If you want real change, then have Government strip it of it's 'not for profit' status, and thrust it up against a competitive commercial wall, so instead of looking out of their windows at that little fountain in that private & expensive science park they are sat in, they can focus on giving everyone a truly competitive service in the real commercial world where most other companies have to earn their crust! And no one wants to hear any crap these days about it's critical infrastructure type status at the heart of the UK internet, that type of talk is so pre-2008! Without a commercial competitor, Nominet will never, ever change!

Put yourself up for election to the Board next year and try to effect change.

Incidentally, nothing to do with this, your http://www.espeech.co.uk/what_nominet_already_knew.htm doesn't appear to be working anymore and I never did see the complete write up about it that was promised. Still work in progress?

I've come to the conclusion that David is simply a troll. He serves no purpose, talks utter rubbish, and assumes we are all stupid. I have put him on ignore I hope others do too. Nominet will never change when it is full of BS talk that I've heard coming out of his mouth.

Put yourself up for election to the Board next year and try to effect change.

Incidentally, nothing to do with this, your http://www.espeech.co.uk/what_nominet_already_knew.htm doesn't appear to be working anymore and I never did see the complete write up about it that was promised. Still work in progress?

You drag the Business.co.uk case up almost every time i post, even though it is 10 YEARS AGO!!

As for Board membership, no thanks, i already know it would waste my valuable time trying to p*ss in the wind. Anyway, that's your job isn't it?

Now if there was a competitor to Nominet, I would think about applying!

I've come to the conclusion that David is simply a troll. He serves no purpose, talks utter rubbish, and assumes we are all stupid. I have put him on ignore I hope others do too. Nominet will never change when it is full of BS talk that I've heard coming out of his mouth.

You're being silly now.

You drag the Business.co.uk case up almost every time i post, even though it is 10 YEARS AGO!!

Sorry. :) I just wanted to know if there was anything else coming because you did use to have it mentioned in your forum signature. I'll presume not and won't mention it again unless you wish to.

As for Board membership, no thanks, i already know it would waste my valuable time trying to p*ss in the wind. Anyway, that's your job isn't it?

Now if there was a competitor to Nominet, I would think about applying!

There's an election next year and the year after. Think about it. :)

Sorry. :) I just wanted to know if there was anything else coming because you did use to have it mentioned in your forum signature. I'll presume not and won't mention it again unless you wish to.

You know why you bring this up David, we all do, and it isn't because you are interested :D

Or mouthpiece maybe ;-)

To the competitor, not Nominet!

Actually, based on you raising the subject of Business.co.uk, I'll give the matter of revealing the shambles behind it some thought, you've lit the embers on that, I'll keep you posted.

There is no real prospect of being elected against the big registrar candidate in a single NED vote. Why any real business person would waste their time trying is beyond me.

You know why you bring this up David, we all do, and it isn't because you are interested :D

Actually, based on you raising the subject of Business.co.uk, I'll give the matter of revealing the shambles behind it some thought, you've lit the embers on that, I'll keep you posted.

I would genuinely like to know but I realise my mentioning of it sometimes seems to wind @anthony up too! Nethertheless I would be interest to know.

There is no real prospect of being elected against the big registrar candidate in a single NED vote. Why any real business person would waste their time trying is beyond me.

We never know who the candidates are going to be unless they pre-declare.

Power tripping, surely ;)

Correct me if wrong, but weren't they files meant to be available from 9am today?

That was my understanding too, I thought was 8.30, but reread the email and is as you say 9am.

"...From 17 May, members will be able to access the zone file for all the domains we manage....

"....Both files will be a snapshot of the registry, taken at 8:30am(BST) and will be available from 9:00am the following day...."

That was my understanding too, I thought was 8.30, but reread the email and is as you say 9am.

"...From 17 May, members will be able to access the zone file for all the domains we manage....

"....Both files will be a snapshot of the registry, taken at 8:30am(BST) and will be available from 9:00am the following day...."
Nominet must be too busy on other things to remember to do this! I get the feeling that most things require them to manually process rather than automated.

Maybe that means they are taking the snapshot today and it will be there tomorrow?

Any one know what software should be used to open these files???

Last edited:

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom