Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Pokemon Go

Reaction score
Pokemon go already seems massive

I don't how one would make money off the back of it, but there must be opportunities

Anyone doing that?

Seems like there are opportunities for bricks and mortar businesses like shops. Online wise, not too sure.

I know someone writing an app which should make him money on the back of this.

There is good money on the selling of accounts too.

Makes me weep seeing even more kids and adults alike walking around staring at this phones :(

Don't know how the game mechanics work exactly, what is there risk that a character could appear on a railway line or motorway and lead to a fatality, or even in someone's back garden where maybe they have a dog that could pose a danger?

Makes me weep seeing even more kids and adults alike walking around staring at this phones :(

Don't know how the game mechanics work exactly, what is there risk that a character could appear on a railway line or motorway and lead to a fatality, or even in someone's back garden where maybe they have a dog that could pose a danger?

I like my games on PC and Xbox as I am a big Kid ( Im 33 ) but seeing grown adults run around chasing pretend monsters to this degree is another level imo, Its ironic some of the people on my facebook...... mainly the ones complaining leaving the EU would "ruin their future" are the same people now mostly involved in arranging nightly hunting missions acting like 10 year olds.

The people getting injured or killed doing this crap I can only put down to natural cleansing.

On the taking advantage of its success, I can imagine before long locations will be able to purchase "hotspots" where new monsters will be created for a certain location ( like a shopping centre )

I like my games on PC and Xbox as I am a big Kid ( Im 33 ) but seeing grown adults run around chasing pretend monsters to this degree is another level imo, Its ironic some of the people on my facebook...... mainly the ones complaining leaving the EU would "ruin their future" are the same people now mostly involved in arranging nightly hunting missions acting like 10 year olds.

So playing on your Xbox at home isn't acting like a 10 year old but playing a phone game and getting outdoors is ? #doublestandards lol

No one ever complained about people of all ages spending hours playing CandyCrush yet when a game takes people outdoors to explore the city/country/area people call it 'sad 'acting like kids' etc ...

So playing on your Xbox at home isn't acting like a 10 year old but playing a phone game and getting outdoors is ? #doublestandards lol

Bit of a difference between an hour on fifa once a week if time allows, to physically making a point of going out hunting for monsters at every given chance. Its a great concept for kids or even families to get out and about and make some fun, but beyond that where no kids are involved...........little concerning.
No one ever complained about people of all ages spending hours playing CandyCrush yet when a game takes people outdoors to explore the city/country/area people call it 'sad 'acting like kids' etc ...

Candycrush was equally annoying, I take it that you played/play both :rolleyes:

Pokemon Go could be a model for digital geocaching. If only we had a mobile network with rural coverage!

Bit of a difference between an hour on fifa once a week if time allows, to physically making a point of going out hunting for monsters at every given chance. Its a great concept for kids or even families to get out and about and make some fun, but beyond that where no kids are involved...........little concerning.

Candycrush was equally annoying, I take it that you played/play both :rolleyes:

I went through a phase of playing candy crush lots (probably over a 3 week period then got bored) , love the Pokemon Go concept, I don't have much time for it so only probably played about 3 hours of it total....

We'll just have to agree to disagree, as I see it not concerning... i can't see anything wrong with it, in fact it's positive, getting adults out and about as well as kids.

I loved pokemon as a young teen, the show, the gameboy game and the cards

I used to sell pokemon cards at breaks in school, it was surprising to me how much money some kids actually had

I wont lie, playing the game seems a lot of fun but I wont be doing so because it will just be a bad habit

I don't think there's anything wrong with adults playing it, Russell Kane above says "there are real human beings out there waiting for you to interact with them!" - from watching youtube videos of people playing it, when they see other people playing, they often end up talking about the game; it honestly seems like a good conversation starter to talk to people you otherwise never would have

^ That raises its own concerns with potentially strange adults talking to or luring kids to certain areas; you can lay down lures you see that attract wild pokemon, which attracts other players who can see the lure and pokemon to catch

There's definitely a lot of positives and negatives to the game

i see it as either a) pokemon go wasn't around .... millions of people would be sat inside on computer, phone, watching TV etc .... instead b) it launched and millions are out and about getting excercise with mates, meeting other people and exploring local area.... but hey lets all just sit at home playing fifa ;)

i see it as either a) pokemon go wasn't around .... millions of people would be sat inside on computer, phone, watching TV etc .... instead b) it launched and millions are out and about getting excercise with mates, meeting other people and exploring local area.... but hey lets all just sit at home playing fifa ;)

Or you could see it as millions of people many of which were probably out playing football, climbing trees in the sun shine etc now have another excuse to have a phone, tablet or computer attached to them even more than normal. I have no doubts many parts of the country contain geeky little sods who don't walk out of their front door and are afraid of their own shadow but does that really equate to a "majority" now ? I doubt it. First day of school holidays today and our local park and fields have been jam packed with kids all day..........Hopefully there wasnt some fookin monster over there to attract them to the outdoors :D

Wow I'm actually starting to sound old. "When I was a lad.."

Can this garbage please go to the bar which I don't read. Thanks. :)

Can this garbage please go to the bar which I don't read. Thanks. :)

I was legitimately interested if/how people would be capitalizing off the trend

Discussion has diverted off that a bit though

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom