Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

The great big .uk Rights of Registration thread!

On the email “Deadline THIS FRIDAY for meeting the criteria to participate in the .uk Right of Registration release process” sent 18th June:

Reminder

To ensure a smooth release process we will temporarily suspend random drops of deleted domain names which we would normally carry out as part of our ‘business as usual’ registry services, at certain times during the release period. This function will be turned off between the hours of 13.30 BST (UTC+1) and 14.30 BST (UTC+1) every day from the 1st to the 5th July inclusive

There may be an opportunity for some people who missed out on catching their chosen .uk names.

Some of us may end up in auctions where the bids go above our own limits.

:D:rolleyes:

I recall them saying no drops will take place on the normal system at 2pm but cannot remember for how long, sure it was an hour or two.

https://registrars.nominet.uk/system-announcements/1st-8th-july-planned-system-maintenance/

To ensure a smooth release process we will temporarily suspend random drops of deleted domain names which we would normally carry out as part of our ‘business as usual’ registry services, at certain times during the release period. This function will be turned off between the hours of 13.30 BST (UTC+1) and 14.30 BST (UTC+1) every day from the 1st to the 5th July inclusive.

Would anyone here risk using Snapnames for these .uk drops 1st to 5th July? Have read plenty posts of them being suspected of shill bidding? Just wondered if anyone has used them for Nominet based name and their experiences (good or bad). Any other recommendations for honest and trustworthy catchers to use? Left it a bit late I know. Many thanks.

What would happen if there was a coordinated ddos attack against the bigger registrars, and could this happen?

Smaller drop catchers could potentially take an advantage.

What would happen if there was a coordinated ddos attack against the bigger registrars, and could this happen?

Smaller drop catchers could potentially take an advantage.

You would need to know the exact location of their servers.

I doubt anyone would say, but will ask anyway. Did anyone have success spamming all their epp creates at a single high profile domain? We won't know for a day or two to see if certain tags are consistently catching the top prize, but I wonder if it is due to early submits (first across the line), or Nominet load balancing meaning more numbers in the hat the better.

Nominet's offical stance on this is that all requests are spread across the load balancer then the first one received is awarded the domain. However judging by their normal catching this is rubbish as we know quite often the first request is not the one that wins. It was hard enough to get tiny bits of info out of them on test - you'll have no chance now with the queries they're no doubt inundated with.

I doubt anyone would say, but will ask anyway. Did anyone have success spamming all their epp creates at a single high profile domain? We won't know for a day or two to see if certain tags are consistently catching the top prize, but I wonder if it is due to early submits (first across the line), or Nominet load balancing meaning more numbers in the hat the better.

I'm intrigued to know if anyone is holding their quota back, running a quick DAC check after say 10 seconds and having 50 seconds to decide which they'd like from what's left...

vic.jpg

Last edited:
2 out of 10 today:

Christ.uk
commonweal.uk

As you can see, I am not in it for the money, but for my own websites and ideals!

Thanks for the 'like', Simon, but also thanks for catching for me!

Last edited:
2 out of 10 today:

Christ.uk
commonweal.uk

As you can see, I am not in it for the money, but for my own websites and ideals!

Thanks for the 'like', Simon, but also thanks for catching for me!

You're welcome.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom