Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

why doesn't business.co.uk drop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Is there some criterion for Nominet deciding not to drop a name.

It belongs to a big company therefore we can't possibly let that drop? or something like that.

yesterday

business.co.uk

Business.co.uk will definetly not drop.... worldpay are going to renew it 100% and are already aware of its status.

Barry

If only I could tell you the full story, but I cannot...... In short you will see a change shortly ,im sure !
DG

^Hmmm!

The full story hasn't been revealed yet, not even to some of the parties involved.

At least that's what I've heard, anyway!

Is there some criterion for Nominet deciding not to drop a name.

It belongs to a big company therefore we can't possibly let that drop? or something like that.

yesterday
I'd also like to know what makes this 'special' and why it doesn't drop according to normal procedure? If it's in some 'special' status, then it should say so. And what is this 'special' status exactly? Can someone point me to something relevant on Nom's site?

I'd also like to know what makes this 'special' and why it doesn't drop according to normal procedure? If it's in some 'special' status, then it should say so. And what is this 'special' status exactly? Can someone point me to something relevant on Nom's site?
...Hopefully this Nominet flowchart should answer your questions:

Flowchart

...I think the word "discretion" that Nominet has used, is most likely the key here. ;)

Regards,

Sneezy.

...Hopefully this Nominet flowchart should answer your questions:

Flowchart

...I think the word "discretion" that Nominet has used, is most likely the key here. ;)

Regards,

Sneezy.
Well, that makes me wonder why the registrant is not agreeing to the T&Cs which seems to be the essence of that paragraph?

that makes me wonder why the registrant is not agreeing to the T&Cs which seems to be the essence of that paragraph?

Prenominet name so owners have to agree to T&C that is restrictive , requires them to agree to an ever changing dispute service plus pay nominet a fiver every two years?

Perhaps they would rather keep the name under the old system where it was assigned to them and no ongoing fee etc.

As for nominet cancelling it... under what authority?

That could be questions for a pre nominet domain holder... :)

did my research

Did a lot of research into this late last year and ended up speaking to the bloke who regged it in the 1st place and another company who thinks it has got a claim to the name.

Did a lot of research into this late last year and ended up speaking to the bloke who regged it in the 1st place and another company who thinks it has got a claim to the name.

Okay, so what happened next...?

P.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom